WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CONTRACT PHASE?
So, you have done your pre-purchasing inspection, you are committed to your new build or renovation and now comes the contracts. Next steps are more than just choosing your architect and getting the plans drawn up. But don’t stress, we are here to help you every step of the way.
With some reno’s, you won’t even need plans (unless you are making a structural change). In our consultation, we can discuss your project and pretty quickly work out what your requirements are, and which contract you may need.
If you don’t have plans, we will assist you in getting to the construction phase of your project, by signing a preliminary contract, covering the cost of the draftsperson, the engineering, the energy efficiency and the soil tests and any council aspects. Plus our time. If you already have your plans, we quote, and when you’re happy, sign you up to the construction and away we go.
Having worked in FNQ for more than 20 years, we have some solid relationships with local architects and engineers.
We are more than happy to help you find the right one for your build.
Keep reading for a more detailed insights to how we produce your contracts from scratch…
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Every project we work on, is a partnership. We work with you to achieve the best results for your build.
At contracts stage we will be;
- Working with you and the architect/drafty to draw up plans
- Working with the engineer to explain exactly what we are wanting to achieve
- Workshopping with engineer how we will build the project. consideration of structure and getting the right price for you will be prominent in these conversations
- We will submit plans for energy rating, as well as ensuring they meet Government standards
- Soil testing will then take place and be reported back to engineer.
- Final review with engineer will take place, once we get the stamp of approval, you have your Construction plans!
Now we can determine accurate costs for your project and put next steps in place.
While we are working on all of this, you will be working on the more creative side of things, like selecting your external and interior finishes. Not super creative? No problems, we offer a full design service as well.