Ronald McDonald House
This project was somewhat different from our usual! Here are some of the challenges that we faced;
– A non-existent budget
– A week to do the work of several, with no room for error or extension
– Co-ordination of 10 different trades, all working on top of each other
– Fim crews /reporters / public volunteers on site and the wider community all watching on
– Pressure from knowing that the future clients, the patients and families using McDonald house, were perhaps the most important and deserving clients we’ve ever had.
We were approached by Maddi from Triple M Cairns to effectively project manage the renovation of Palm Cove’s McDonald house, and we jumped at the opportunity with a healthy dose of enthusiasm…. and trepidation.
What followed were several weeks of careful planning, finding trades who also wanted to be involved, assessment of costs, scale and what could be achieved in one week. What followed was definitely the most intense week, but also incredibly satisfying weeks on site we’ve ever had. The happy spirit of everyone on site and the knowledge of why we were doing this, made all the pressure worth it.
We did a complete cosmetic renovation, including new kitchen, new bathrooms, new walls, new dining area with in built in seating, new electrical and plumbing, new painting throughout and all new furnishings. It really was a massive transformation into a beautiful family space for ‘hearts to heal’ and we were incredibly proud to be involved and give something back to the community.
We would like to thank the following individuals, trades and suppliers for all their efforts.
- Maddi Wright (Triple M)
- Megan (Ronald McDonald House)
- Lauren (Whose came up with this fantastic idea)
- CCW kitchens
- Kidner electrical
- Barefoot plumbing
- Elements air and refrigeration
- Hoppens flooring
- Black Diamond tiling
- Lighting house
- ID blinds
- Vellacorp painting services
- Marlin Coast tiles
- Wattyl paints
- Harvey Norman
- Koru interiors
- Early Settler
- Posh interiors